Posted June 9, 2015on:
Purchasing Requisition notification with framework regions like “Approve Requisition Notification” can be viewed in the worklist but fails to be emailed by the Workflow Notification Mailer.
If you have this above problem, you can try the one of the below solutions:
- Change the WF Mailer configuration parameter for “Attach images to outbound emails (ATTACH_IMAGES)” from Y to N, restart the Workflow Notification Mailer and then try to resend the failed notification with concurrent request “Resend Failed/Error Workflow Notifications
- Apply Patch 9868639:R12.OWF.B for releases 12.1.2 and 12.1.3
Reference: Doc ID 1107017.1
When you’re getting the following errors, please try the below solution:
- You are trying to access a page that is no longer active.
– The referring page may have come from a previous session. Please select Home to proceed.
Solution: set the profile “FND Validation Level” to “None”.
- You have insufficient privileges for the current operation. Please contact your System Administrator. You cannot run a page which is not SelfSecured when the MAC fails. Solution: set the below 3 profiles to None 1) FND Function Validation Level 2) FND Validation Level 3) Framework Validation Level
- Unexpected URL parameters have been detected and will be ignored Solution: In JDeveloper, go to menu Tools–>Embedded OC4J Server Preferences–>Global–>Startup–>Select Default Local IP Address.
Basically we can generate the data source from Oracle Report Builder or using XML Data Template, but in this time I show you another option (using PL/SQL) to generate data source when we just have a single group for our report generally.
Steps to create XML/BI Publisher report using PL/SQL package.
1. Write a PL/SQL package procedure to generate XML data based on your business requirement (simple sample package EY_GENERATE_SOURCE_PKG attached. Note: remove the extension .odt and extract the zip file)
–> Script to Generate XML Data
— create a new context with the sql query
l_ctx := DBMS_XMLGEN.newcontext (p_ref_cur);
— add tag names for rows and row sets
DBMS_XMLGEN.setrowsettag (l_ctx, p_row_tag);
DBMS_XMLGEN.setrowtag (l_ctx, p_row_set_tag);
— generate xml data
x_xml_data := DBMS_XMLGEN.getxml (l_ctx);
2. Register package procedure to Oracle Apps (Executable and Define Program) and add to Request Group
Posted September 18, 2014on:
When user OPERATIONS submit a request at System Administrator responsibility, this user can see the log and output files of this request. But the other user (ex: SYSADMIN) cannot do that even has the same responsibility. If we use the View All Concurrent Requests (System Administrator Mode) form, we only can see the request but not the output file of this request.
So, if we want to access the request output of the same responsibility from another user’s requests, then we need to follow the below setup steps:
1. Login as SYSADMIN with Functional Developer responsibility and update the object Concurrent Requests
1.a. Search Concurrent Requests object and click the link to update it.
1.b. Create new Instance Set
1.c. Enter Name, Code, Description and Predicate for the new instance Set.
&TABLE_ALIAS.request_id in (select cr.request_id from fnd_concurrent_requests cr where cr.responsibility_id = fnd_global.resp_id and cr.responsibility_application_id = fnd_global.resp_appl_id)
We can apply Credit Memo (CM) to an Invoice as the invoice to be applied to is already there in AR by using API or interface table.
- Interface Table
- RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL (REFERENCE_LINE_ID column)
If there is no Credit Memo in AR, you can using the AR_CREDIT_MEMO_API_PUB.CREATE_REQUEST API to create the Credit Memo directly and auto apply to an invoice.
Below is the query of corresponding invoice number for a credit memo with the creation date:
SELECT cm.trx_number cm_no,
FROM ra_customer_trx_all cm,
WHERE inv.customer_trx_id = cm.previous_customer_trx_id
When you open the Report Builder application and it suddenly stopped working like the screen below. It doesn’t have the main menu of Report Builder.
You can solve this problem by checking the CAUPREFS.ORA file under Oracle Developer Home directory and search if there are lines containing:
Reports.root_x = xxxxx
Reports.root_y = yyyyy
We can achieve the Multi Org functionality for custom table with follow the below steps:
1. Create a custom table in custom schema, grant to user APPS, create synonyms for this table and insert some data.
CREATE TABLE xxey.ey_inv_all (
GRANT ALL ON xxey.ey_inv_all TO apps;
CREATE OR REPLACE SYNONYM apps.ey_inv_all FOR xxey.ey_inv_all;
CREATE OR REPLACE SYNONYM apps.ey_inv FOR xxey.ey_inv_all;
2. Apply RLS (Row Level Security) to EY_INV synonym using standard Virtual Private Database (VPD) policy function MO_GLOBAL.ORG_SECURITY and DBMS_RLS.ADD_POLICY API
‘apps’, — Schema Name
‘EY_INV’, — synonym name
‘ORG_SEC’,– use policy_name ‘ORG_SEC’ standard policy
‘MO_GLOBAL.ORG_SECURITY’,–Standard MO VPD policy function
‘SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE’, — statement_type
TRUE, — update_check
TRUE — Policy enable